Did you use a Breastfeeding Pillow?

Did you/ do you use a breastfeeding pillow? At what age of your baby/ toddler did you find this helpful? Was it better or the same compared to using cushions and pillows to support your baby?

Breastmilk provides everything a baby needs in the first 6 months of life, and huge benefits to 2 years of age and beyond. There are a number of breastfeeding products available (such as breastpumps, breast cream, breastfeeding pillows, breast pads etc) which some women find helpful and some do not. It can sometimes be useful to understand which products are out there so you know what options are available for you.

Personally speaking, I find a breastfeeding pillow really helpful in the early days and then tend not to use it as my baby gets bigger. I didn't know about feeding pillows initially when I had my first son. When a friend lent me a feeding pillow I found it really helped me to get a comfortable position and so a good latch (as well as giving me the confidence to try different feeding positions).

I look forward to hearing about your experiences and thoughts of breastfeeding pillows.

I used a My Breast Friend and loved it for the first month. It offers great support for cross-cradle and foot ball positioning. I found that the early days I need more support and the breast friend was the best pillow for offering that.

Many folks have pilled up pillows all around them and that works well too.

Blessings and Happy Breastfeeding!

I used a breastfeeding pillow with ds1, I also used it with ds2 in the early weeks but then didn't find I need to because I mastered feeding while lying down

By the time ds3 & 4 came didn't bother with the pillow at all.

But its definitely one item that is not a waste of money and can help with posture in my opinion.

Ditto "Blessings and Happy Breastfeeding"

Thanks for sharing your experiences ladies