Washing your babies

Hi, I read an article that once your kid reaches 2 years old, they should be the one to wash their private parts and not to let anyone wash it other than them. Who believes this and how true is this?

Katrina1186,

As a mum of 5 kids. I have encouraged all of them to use a wash cloth early in age. I make it soapy and hand the cloth to them and tell them where to wash. If they skip over their genitals, I will encourage them to do a quick sweep and that is normally sufficient. If your child is sitting in a bath, he or she doesn't need to be washed down thoroughly. The water is sufficient to thoroughly clean your child.

Happy Parenting

Thanks sunnymumof5!

Hi I believe in the article that you have read. But I did not do that with my six year old daughter. Because up to now I am still the one who washes her. I do not know if that would affect in her growth.

Thanks Carmie for reading my post! I also sometimes still washes my daughter. Sometimes we have to make sure that's properly cleaned.

It will not affect her growth if you are still washing her.
    At the age of 6 you could gently show her how to wash herself and encourage her to do so with ease.

With time she will be able to wash her self.

Blessings