Sciatica distress

Hi there. Been suffering for leg pain due to sciatica. So painful that it interferes with my activities. What can I do to reduce pain?

lanie,

Sciatica is a common occurrence in pregnancy, a painful but fortunately temporary condition.
    Check out this website for ideas on how why sciatica occurs and what you can do for relief.

http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/sciatica/

Hope you can find this information use full and get some much needed relief.
    Blessings

Hi lanie,

I'm sorry to hear of the discomfort you are in. Just a thought - have you checked with your midwife you do not have pelvic girdle pain. I originally thought I was suffering with sciatica in pregnancy but it was later diagnosed as pelvic girdle pain and I have found understanding about which movements make this worse extremely helpful to me carrying on a normal life in pregnancy.

Your midwife could also refer you to a physiotherapist who will be able to recommend exercises which may help you.

With warm wishes,
    LJ

Thanks ljmarsden for sharing that you realized your pain was from something else.
    I have not had issues with either and my heart goes out to both of you for what you have endured during your pregnancy.
    I do hope that you all are finding some much needed relief.

Blessings

Thank you sunnymumof5! The end is in sight now!

LJ