Post Pregnancy with diabetes

Hello everyone. It's nice to be here. I am married for 2 years and I found I'm pregnant, I am very excited to be a mother, but for other side I am scared because i have diabetes and i would like to ask you some questions, hope somebody can help me.
    I have diabetes type 2 what precautions do I need to take?

2 How diabetes can affect my baby?

3 Can I still take my medication during my pregnancy?

4 There is any problems to breastfeed?

5 Can you please, informed what It's gestational diabetes?

I just wanted to stop by and leave a positive messege. They found sugar in my urine very early in my pregnancy. My tests came back high that I had diabetes. They were unsure if it was gestational or type 2. I was put on insulin and metformin. Through out my pregnancy I became extremely insulin resistant. I was on very high doses of insulin that just kept increasing. The last week of my pregnancy my insulin doses went down to the point I didnt need insulin anymore. I gave birth by c-section to a healthy baby girl weighing 6.8lbs. She was tested for the first three days of her birth to make sure she was not diabetic or had any glucose issues. They all came back negative. My baby girl is now 6 months old and she is doing great. I on the other hand do have type 2 diabetes. I just wanted to let you all know that you can have a healthy baby as long as you control your sugar levels. : )

Hi lily,

Thank you so much for share your experience