Balancing house rules

We have been struggling with balancing too strict and too lenient with discipline. My boyfriend and I were raised in completely opposite households & we struggle with communicating those differences to each other. Any suggestions to make this easier between us?

That sounds like a frustrating situation.
    If you don't mind me asking, is your boyfriend the father of your children?

I have a split family, 2 children from my first husband and 3 with my present.

My husband now is very supportive of my choice to attachment parent. I will go to him occasionally if I need support or his advice. For the most part he leaves the older 2 children up to me.

Our family does practice attachment parenting and this had allowed us to have a more laid back approach to any issues that arise.

Here is a link to a great website that explains the basis of AP (Attachment Parenting). The information may be new, however the idea of AP is an amazing venture.

http://www.attachmentparenting.org/p.../olderchildren

Our home life is so much more laid back and easy going because we've made some great changes in our mind set.

Please let me know if you have any questions about AP, I'd be more than happy to chat about it.

Blessings