Planning on breastfeeding

I already have two sons, one is 4-year old and the younger one is 1-year old. I'm planning to have another one next year and my concern is that I've never been able to breastfeed. I have an inverted nipple and it hurts so much when I tried breastfeeding my older kid back then, that's why with my younger one, I didn't bother trying it again. I know the advantages of breastfeeding and I really wanted to try and experience it. What can I do to be able to breastfeed my next bub?

Hi,

That's great that you would like to breastfeed your next baby - as you say there are huge advantages to breastfeeding for mum and baby. I'm really sorry to hear that you struggled with breastfeeding your two sons.

There is an excellent previous thread here on inverted nipples which I would highly recommend you read. Have you just got an inverted nipple on one side or on both?

Warm wishes,
    LJ

I found the posts to the thread very helpful. Thank you very much for the information. I will see to it that I seek help from a lactating consultant. I'm looking forward to experience breastfeeding in the future!

I'm so very pleased to hear that. Good support really is key in the early days of breastfeeding.

Please don't hesitate to post back with any further breastfeeding questions you may have.

Warm wishes,
    LJ