Administrator

Chemical free cleaning for your home

I am very interested in chemical free cleaning for the home. We live is such a toxic environment - I want my home to be as non-toxic as possible. I am really interested in how you've cleaned your home.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Administrator
    I personally use Enjo at home. I've decided to host an Enjo introduction party after talking to lots of women who are interested in chemical free cleaning. If you are interested you are most welcome to come a long. I am hosting the party at my home in Dundas Valley, Sydney on the 18th May 2010 at 10am. Call me if you'd like to come along to check this out (please do not feel obligated to purchase anything - it is just to help inform people of options). My phone is 9873 1750. Hope you can come. Jane
    Hidden Content

Using chemical free products around the home

Hi there I think enjo is a great product. However I use and recommend Neways products and have for many years. Neways prides itself on the use of no harmful chemicals and has for over 25 years. Their products have multiple uses and are concentrate so you only need to use a little bit so they last forever. They have over 250 products and include a great baby range that I use on my son and have since birth. If you want to find out more call me 9712 7910

Administrator
    Thanks for the tip. I had not heard of Neway's products. I did a quick search and come up with a link to Neways product - http://www.neways.com.au/products/index.php
    Hidden Content

I have not heard of either of those product lines, will have to look into them. I mostly make my own cleaning products, using vinegar/borax/lemon juice/baking soda, etc. Always looking for ways to make my life easier though, I sometimes use Babyganics cleaning supplies.

Natural Scouring Powder

I make a natural scouring powder using equal parts of baking soda (aka bicarbonate of soda), borax and salt. Add a few drops of essential oil (I like lemon) and it's a wonderful cleaner.

Kate

How do I get rid of ants in my home without using any chemicals?

A great non-chemical ant killer can be made from Borax (also known as sodium borate, sodium tetraborate, or disodium tetraborate) and powdered sugar (also known as confectioner's sugar).

I've seen many different versions of this. Some use household sugar, some use honey, but the point is to use something sweet to attract the ants and mix it with Borax which, when ingested, kills the ants.

Here's a video showing how to make it. You can also add water to it and let the ants "sip" it, or add so much water that you can actually put it in a spray bottle and spray it on surfaces.

Hope it works for you.

Warm regards,

Kate

Administrator
    This is brilliant Kate - thanks for sharing. I am going to try it now.
    Hidden Content

Thank you for sharing this. I tried it and it works!!

That is fantastic Kate! Thank you for sharing! We have such a difficult time with ants during the summer months and have tried everything under the sun to avoid pesticide. I am going to have to share this with my husband later tonight.

Beetle repellant for plants

To naturally keep beetles away from plants, finely chop 1/2 of an onion and a clove of garlic. Mix with 1/2 cup distilled water and place mixture in a spray bottle. Let it sit overnight.

Shake well and spray on plants.