Thread: Gender

Hi. I am currently 27 weeks pregannt. When I went for my 20 week anatomy scan the midwife wasn't too impressed when I asked her if she tell me the gender. She said she wasn't too sure. I was at my local gp last week an while he was giving me a quick scan I asked him if he knew what gender the Baby was? He told me he did but he couldn't tell me ? He have me a scan photo and told me to look at it but still disnt confirm whay the baby is. I'm so confused as to why people are not happy to tell me the gender? I was hoping I could load the picture here and maybe a professional could verify if its a boy or girl that I'm having. I would appreciate it as I want to start buying a few hits and pieces for whomever gender I am having and will love him or her regardless of gender.
    Attached Images

Hi Darcy86,

I'm sorry that your health professionals did not seem to act in a very professional way in regards to your request about knowing the gender of your baby. I do not understand why they would attempt to hide that from you. Perhaps you need to seek the advice of another doctor or midwife, if you do not feel that your current providers are meeting your needs. It is important to have open honesty and trust between you and your care providers.

I personally do not know how to read the ultrasound picture that you posted, as that is not my field of expertise, so I cannot help you with that particular question. I am sorry.

But I will say "congratulations" on your pregnancy! I hope you find the answer to your question and are able to have a heart-to-heart with your medical care provider so that you feel comfortable asking them "any" question... not only this one.

Blessing to you!
    ~azcountrymum~