When does hair come back?

Like a lot of women, I had great hair during my pregnancy from the hormones.
    About 6 months after I gave birth, my hair started falling out like crazy.
    Now that was about a year ago, and I thought my hair would be back to normal
    by now, but it's not. It's still thin and brittle.

Any idea when my hair will get back to normal?

Hello,

During pregnancy the pregnancy hormones actually mean that you stop losing your hair in pregnancy. We normally lose about 5-10% of our hair on an ongoing basis. This means that most women will have thicker, more luxurious hair in pregnancy. In the 12 months after birth all this additional hair which was not lost in pregnancy will fall out. So, compared to our pregnancy hair our hair will now appear thinner. It can take still another 6 months after this for hair to begin to return to it's pre-pregnancy condition.

Another factor related to hair condition is diet. If you read Kate's (one of our senior member's) comments in this previous thread then this explains more about diet and hair condition.

Best wishes,
    LJ

Thanks for answering all my questions, LJ! I really appreciate it.
    Also, thanks for the link to the other thread. There's some really useful info in there and I'll be looking into my diet.

You are very welcome. I hope this helps you. Do post back and let us know how you get on.

Warm wishes,
    LJ