Natural remedies for deworming a 2 year old

I have a two year old girl and about four months ago I dewormed her. She will be due for deworming till another two months, however I suspect that she has worms. Are there any natural deworming remedies that you can advise me to give her? I don't want to deworm her before time, since I think the nurses told me that is every six months she should be dewormed.

Also she has a bad cough as well, for the past two days she has been coughing a lot in the nights. Are there any natural remedies for this well.

Hi Tanisha,

Worms are parasites so when you're doing your research, you may want to search for natural remedies for parasites.

Do you know what kinds of worms she has? Pin worms are common and

Here's a good article on Worms in Children - How To Treat Them and Avoid Them.

I had worms as a child so I'm familiar with this problem (I bit my fingernails for many years, as a young child, and the dirt from under my nails got into my system and that's how I got pin worms). That article gives some good tips.

Here's an article that discusses Natural Remedies for Intestinal Parasites. Let me know if you find some helpful information in either of these two articles.

I have some good books that I keep on my shelf that help when anyone in my family is sick and I want to treat them naturally.

Healthy Healing by Linda Page, Prescription for Herbal Healing by Phyllis A. Blach, CNC, and Prescription for Natural C ures by James F. Balch, M.D. I also have one specifically for children but I can't remember the name of it at the moment.

I'll post a response to your other question about natural remedies for a cough next.

Warm regards,

Kate

Hi Tanisha,

I just started another thread on natural remedies for cold and cough. You'll find a few different recipes for natural cough syrups that not only calm a cough but boost the immune system as well to speed healing.

Post back here or over there to let me know if it helps.

Warm regards,

Kate

Hi Kate,

Thanks, I will read up the two website and check out the other thread and let you know if I get though. I was wondering though if the worms could cause her to be coughing a lot. She does it mainly at nights and and does not have a running nose, she just coughs a lot and her tummy is high at times. I am not sure the type of worms, as I am not familiar with these. To be honest, it is share speculation on my part, as I am not sure she has worms, thus the need for natural remedies. I think she has it because she grinds her teeth at nights and it is said that that is a sign. Anyways thanks a lot for the info and I will keep you posted.

I haven't heard of worms causing a cough, but that doesn't mean it couldn't. I'd work on trying to diagnose whether she actually has worms and go from there with the resources I mentioned earlier.

Kate