Hybrid View

Red face Tips to conceive.

Hi!
    I am really fascinated by this forum...I have lots of questions and worries I would love to share with you!

First of all, I am willing to get pregnant... How can I know when is the perfect moment to conceive? Which are the best tecniques to know when your body is ready?

Thanks for your help and support.
    Patricia

Hi Patricia,

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to ask questions so we can share our experience and knowledge.

For women with a cycle of 28 days, most women will ovulate on day 14 (14 days before their next cycle starts). Day 1 means the first day of your period. Sperm can survive in a woman's body for 3 days (sometimes even up to 5 days) so you could have sex on day 11 and get pregnant due to ovulation on day 14.

Are your cycles regular? There's an excellent post here by Kate (a member of this forum) who also explains what changes in your cervical mucus to look out for (as this is a very helpful indicator of your ovulation time).

You can buy ovulation testing kit to help you track when you are ovulating each month.

Please ask away so we can help to support each other in pregnancy and parenting.

Thanks. I will definitly check Kate´s post.
    Thanks a lot for your helpful information.
    Patricia R.

You're welcome!

Please do post back and let us know how you are getting on or if you think of any other questions.

Hi Patricia, welcome to the forum! As ljmarsden mentioned, the best way to know when the optimal time for you to conceive is by learning about your cycle and all of the unique signs and symptoms that your body gives you. Kate's post is very informative and a great place to start! Another good read is 'Natural Fertility' by Francesca Naish - this book provides lots of detailed information on charting, fertility and how to learn about your cycle. Now is also a good time for both yourself and your partner to pay particular attention to your diet and lifestyle and also for you to be supplementing with a good prenatal supplement before you conceive. Here's are some more tips to prepare your body before you conceive: http://www.birthinbalance.com.au/blo...ng-to-Conceive

Briony

Hi Patricia,

Just checking in to see if you learned something new from my post about how to watch your body's signs and if you have any other questions.

Warm regards,

Kate