Is baby wearing recommended during pregnancy?

Hi all,

I wanted to know your advice and opinions on whether baby wearing is safe throughout pregnancy? My concern is that tying my Mei Tai around my middle may not be good for the baby. Or is it tied too high up to be a problem? I would particularly love to hear from anyone who wore their babies/ toddlers during pregnancy.

We bought our first pushchair this week - I feel kind of ashamed, isn't that silly?! I love baby wearing but I think we have got to the stage where there are some times a pushchair could be helpful. However, I don't want to stop baby wearing - as long as it is safe.

Thanks for your time,

LJ

I didn't wear my toddlers while I was pregnant, so I'm not the best to comment on this. However, I'd say that baby wearing a toddler can take more of your energy and could cause you to be more tired than if you didn't do it. Now, with Bub #2 on the way, you need your energy for yourself, so you can care for all three of you (and hubby too). If you feel you need to do it, then go with what feels right. If you're uncomfortable or it's painful, then don't. But really, I'm thinking that it may just be best to use the pushchair, due to the bleeding episode you had, and the doctor's concern about your energy level.

Warm regards,

Kate

Thanks Kate - I think you are right and I need to take it easy for a while. On the plus side - the pushchair seems to be helping my toddler to nap!

Thanks for your help.