Hybrid View

Getting pregnant after a miscarriage

How soon can i get pregnant after a miscarriage? Does it depend with the reason for miscarrying?

Administrator
    HI Rachael - I am sorry to hear that you've had a miscarriage. There is no set time recommended to wait before getting pregnant following a miscarriage. It is generally when you are emotionally and physically ready. If you've lost a lot of blood wait until your body has recovered. I do suggest that you do some preconception care as this helps increase the chance of a healthy pregnancy. It is usually recommended that you have at least one menstrual cycle before trying to conceive so you are able to more easily get an estimate when the baby is due. Let me know if you have any further questions.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Hello Rachel,

I am sorry for your loss. I have personally experienced two miscarriages. It is heartbreaking how common miscarriages are, as I know dozens of women who have experienced their own. My miscarriages occurred at 6 weeks and 10 weeks and took place naturally without any medical intervention. For my case, I was able to begin trying to conceive again after my first normal cycle, which came right on time. With my first miscarriage, the very early one, I actually conceived on the next cycle and went on to have a healthy, full-term pregnancy. However, every case is different. I agree with aussiemidwife- wait until you are physically AND emotionally ready for another birth. Good luck and best wishes.