Hybrid View

Fertility tips for a woman with endometriosis

I'm 28 and I've been diagnosed with endometriosis. My mother had the same thing and she successfully gave birth to twins (me and my brother!), but I've been advised by my doctor that endometriosis can make it difficult to conceive. I would love any tips you can provide for ways to increase my fertility and I would love to hear from any women that have given birth since being diagnosed with this condition. I was lucky that I was diagnosed early, since a lot of women don't find out til they are in their mid 20s, but as I'm nearing my 30s I'm getting more and more concerned of my chances of conceiving.

I also have endometriosis, and my doctor did mention that it may be difficult for me to have children, but we would address it in the future. He did say that it would be better if I tried to start at a younger age. I now have four children, and they are true miracles and blessings to me. I never imagined I would have one, and now I have four.

I know some women with endometriosis are able to become pregnant fairly easy, whilst others do struggle with it. This is a good article on traditional Chinese medicine for infertility, including endometriosis.

You may also want to visit this site about endometriosis to find more information. They have plenty of articles and information for women who have endometriosis.

The Endometriosis Association also has tips for dealing with endometriosis naturally, through acupuncture and herbs.

Have you ever had surgery? Some women find that a laparoscopy does help them have a better chance of becoming pregnant. I wish you the best.

Thank you so much Jessica for all of your wonderful suggestions. I will check out the links you provided and talk more with my doctor. I haven't had surgery, but I'll do some research on that as well. Thanks again.

My sister was diagnosed with endometriosis. 3 months ago i went to my OBG for check-up. She asked to have transvaginal ultrasound but i wasn't able to have it yet. Now im a bit scared if i'll have the same condition with my sister though i don't experience any bleeding but having irregular menstruation can still be consider as a symptom. Now that I am already 33, can still get pregnant considering that i may have endometriosis?

Hopefulmom--Your welcome! I hope you find some tips that help you. I did have the surgery done and that may be what helped me conceive, but there are natural methods you can try first. Please keep us updated!

Irregular2periods--Irregular periods can be a symptom. Do you have any pelvic pain? I know it is difficult, but I would try not to worry until you know whether or not you actually have endometriosis. If you do have endometriosis, there are treatment options that can help you conceive. You may want to read through the links I mentioned above, as they do address fertility and endometriosis. Please let us know what you find out from your doctor.