Hello All,

Recently my entire family has come down with the flu. I nursed my three older children back to health for the first week and the baby and I remained totally fine. Then this week the baby and I came down with it. I have actually come down with two different strains of the flu at the same time, though my little ones all have or had strain A only. I have been sick for nearly a week already and I am completely and totally miserable. I have tried everything I can think of so now I am reaching out to the community for some natural remedies. I realize that I am not going to be able to cure the flu, but I need something to comfort me a bit.

I am particularly interested in natural remedies that are safe for breastfeeding mums, as I am still breastfeeding my 13 month old quite often. She has the flu too, as I said, but she is doing pretty well. I assume the breastfeeding antibodies helped her to acquire only a mild version. I am really the only one who is really feeling it and I am REALLY feeling yuck.