Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hello Mum Kate,

Thanks again for your post. Do you think I should try taking Provera for ten days as what my doctor said to bring back one cycle so that I can have a FSH blood test on the 3rd day? The reason why up to now I am not taking Provera is that yo said it can cause breast cancer and I am afraid of that. What do you think should I take it now month of July so that by August I will ovulate so that when my husband came and I have good eggs quality after the test there will be a chance that I can conceive with Gods mercy on me.

I will be waiting for your reply as soon as possible so that I will take the Provera now just for one cycle.

Warm regards

Amy

Hi Amy,

Whether you take Provera or not needs to be a personal decision that you make. You need to do your research on the following:

Provera - side effects, "breast cancer"
    Day 3 testing of FSH and Ovarian Reserve
    Any other medications they may give you to control your cycle, stimulate ovulation, etc.

For most women your age, the reality of pregnancy occuring naturally or even through IVF (using their own eggs) is very low - like less than 1%. If we compare this to the fertility of someone in their late teens, which is 50%, you can see that it just becomes EXTREMELY hard to conceive when you 47 years of age.

I would probably be more hopeful if you were still having regular cycles, but being that you haven't had a cycle for many months now, it's just a large indicator that your body is preparing for menopause. On top of this, you're saying your husband will only be home for one month (August), so you really only have one month to try.

Something you could try would be to give yourself a year of working very closely with an Acupuncturist who is also a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner. This doctor would create a customized blend of herbs specific to your body, and would balance hormones and increase fertility that way. But it takes many months to literally turn around a menopausal situation at the age of 47. Traditional Chinese Medicine is very powerful and helpful at increasing fertility.

I would encourage you to do some more research on that areas I mentioned above, and look into finding a Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner who specializes in fertility and has a great track record of helping women in their 40's give birth to babies. I have a friend who conceived at 48 years of age, BUT she miscarried that baby and never conceived again. It's not just about conception, it's about creating a super healthy egg in yourself and super healthy sperm in your husband (the quality of sperm can also be a great factor in miscarriage) and then making sure that all hormones are balanced so that the healthy embryo can implant and grow.

You're doing great with your diet. The next step is to find a TCM Practitioner who can create a customized herbal blend that is the right potency for you body. It takes time and it takes money.

Have you given any thought to adopting a newborn? Here's a beautiful poem that any mum will appreciate if she's given her baby up for adoption or is considering adopting a special little one.

Legacy of Two Mothers
    ~ Author Unknown

Once there were two women who never knew each other.
    One you do not remember, the other you call “Mother”.

Two different lives, shaped to make yours one.
    One became your guiding star; the other became your sun.

The first gave you life, and the second taught you to live it
    The first gave you a need for love, and the second was there to give it.

One gave you a nationality; the other gave you a name.
    One gave you the seed of talent, the other gave you aim.

One gave you emotions; the other calmed your fears.
    One saw your first sweet smile; the other dried your tears.

One chose adoption. It was all that she could do.
    The other prayed for a child, and God led her straight to you.

And now you ask me through your tears,
    The age-old question through the years.

Heredity or environment, which are you the product of?
    Neither, my darling, neither.
    Just two different kinds of love.
    Last edited by 5Homebirths4Kate; 6th July 2012 at 09:23 AM.

Hello Mam Kate!

Its good to be back again! I followed all what you had posted here, I take the olive oil, fish oil supplements, multivitamins, avoid milk and others. As I told you I had my last period before December 2011 but after I followed all what you told me my cycle is back December 8, 2012. After that I stopped taking already the olive oil and fish oil. But now it is month of May 2013 and I had no cycle again since January 2013 and it is 5 months already. What do you think I am into menopause already?.. Please help me if you can give me some other things I can do. I really want to have a child even only one for me and my husband to be happy. I know there is nothing impossible with the help of God and I always have that big TRUST on Him. And I will do everything for this even if I have to sacrifice.I will appreciate it very much if you can give me more information about my inquiries. Thank you and looking forward for your posts regarding this.

Mam Kate to add to what I mentioned in my earlier post even if I had no cycle for 5 months I had my cervical mucus during that months sometimes creamy sometimes like egg white even I had no cycle. What does it means? Please post back..

Hi Amy,

I'm guessing that you are 47 years old now, and with all you've described in your posts, I would tend to say that you are probably peri-menopausal which means your cycles are highly irregular and you are moving towards menopause. The fact that your ultrasound showed normal ovaries, etc. indicates that you most likely don't have an infertility challenge - but rather that you are just moving out of your fertile years.

In Australia, the average age of menopause is 51-52 years of age. Of course this varies widely, depending on each person. I am 49 years old and definitely peri-menopausal.

How do you feel about adoption? Adopting a baby is amazingly wonderful, and there are medications and herbs you can take to lactate so that you can breastfeed your baby.

Warm Regards,

Kate

40's

Kate,

This is my first time on any forum so I hope I'm posting correctly. I am new to this site, 42 and have a high FSH level. My eggs are age appropriate, unfortunately. I have info from a one time visit to a f doc. I went to the doc 10 months ago and found out I had low ovarian reserve, but became pregnant on my own shortly after consultation! I lost the baby at about 4 weeks.

I think it was a miracle it happened at all and am afraid it may have been my last chance. Since then, my periods are starting to change for the first time in my life. The last three have been irregular, a first for me. Today I started on day 19, shortest ever for me. I don't know if it's a result of the miscarriage or if I'm starting peri menopause. I need help fast if this is going to happen again and my doctors don't offer anything other then a message that my chances are slim. I am a healthy weight, I exercise, I don't take anything but a vitamin with folic acid, co q10 and dhea. I do not have a history of miscarriage but had a tremendous amount of stress when this occurred.

Now that my periods are changing, and I have this high FSH level, I'm becoming very discouraged. I have no idea what I should be doing to better my chances. It's hard to find information because it's so conflicting and negative for women over 35. I'm afraid to make a move because it might be the wrong one. Any advise regarding my age, getting my periods back on track, keeping endo at bay (although I think my tubes are clear) and diet would be very much appreciated. Thank you!