Thread: whats happening

whats happening

hi everyone i am new to this but here goes last mth i had a misscarry only eairly n this mth found out i was pregnant they said the same as last mth the doc said its a low hcg count again so we will recheck u in a wk to c what ur hcg levels r doing,than 2 days later started bleeding fresh blood,i rang my gp n she said u might b having another missacrry,to do a another bloodtest tues,4 days later i stopped bleeding i didnt loose any clots,i redid the hpt yesterday n it was pos,i redid test n waiting on the results,have i misscarried n thats just my hormones levels still up i dnt want to hear that news again.

Dear Worried ~

I'm not a midwife but just wanted let you know that I can relate to the disappointments you are suffering and wanted to lend my support. It is very difficut situation to go through and I do hope this time you will have a viable pregnancy.

Has your doctor checked your progesterone levels? Sometimes this can be the cause of early miscarriage if you don't have enough progesterone to sustain the pregnancy in which case medications (suppositories I believe) are used to help the body in the beginning. I don't know if this is what is happening with you but if you do miscarry I would have the doctor monitor you and test your levels to see what could be causing this and hopefully they'll have some answers and a solution for you.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
    Christie

Administrator
    Dear Worried - If you've had a miscarriage your hormonal levels drop quickly. It is reassuring that your home pregnancy test is reading positive and that you didn't loose any clots. The blood test your GP is recommending on Tuesday will let you know if your hormonal levels are rising. I will cross my fingers for you that the blood test shows positive news.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Well got my results bak,well not really the receptionist rang me and said the doc would like to see you mon.wats up wif that i just want to know if im still preg or not i surpose the good thing would b that the last misscarriage they just told me over the ph that it was a neg so could there b a chance im still preg.

Administrator
    Dear Worried - you will need to see your doctor to work out what is going on. The blood tests are more accurate than home pregnancy tests. Let us know how you go.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

i seen my doc today she said that my bloodtest was lower by 2 than the last bloodtest,does that mean i have miscarryed i have no idea what is happening as the docs dont have any answers for me does any one have any ideas.

Dear Worried,

If hCG levels are dropping, rather than rising, it's an indication that your body may not be able to support the pregnancy. Whether you've miscarried or not has yet to be seen, but the lower hCG would mean that you could be threatening miscarriage.

Often times a doctor or midwife will recommend using progesterone to see if that can stop a threatened miscarriage. If you're around 6 weeks along, then an vaginal ultrasound would be able to show whether there's a heartbeat or not.

Hope that helps. If you do end up miscarrying you may want to do some preconception care for a couple of months before trying again, so you have a better chance of carrying the baby next time.

Hugs,

Kate

found out i did miscarry,last wk started bleeding than lost clots,im starting to think im never going to have another baby.im almost at the point where i give up,my husband and i havent been real good since it keeps happening,i feel i dont have his surport im going through this alone,i know he wants another baby so do i.his making me feel like im failing as a women and cant do my job.

Dear worried,

I'm so very sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you.

It's really hard for everyone when you experience a miscarriage - it is certainly the most upsetting event I have been through. It takes time to grieve for the baby you have lost - and this can put a strain on a marriage. Please don't feel like you are a failure or feel guilty in anyway - the majority of miscarriages would sadly have always occurred no matter what we do.

Do you have any close friends who have also been through a miscarriage? It really helped my husband and me to meet with a couple we knew who had also experienced the tragic loss of a miscarriage and to talk through our emotions and get their support.

We were also advised that, if we wanted, it was a valid idea to mark our sad loss with a symbolic act or small service. We brought a plant which we planted to act as a memorial to the baby we had lost. This helped me to channel some of my emotions and us to talk about the hurt, disappointment and grief we were feeling. There are also support groups available to talk through what has happened with others who understand what we have been through. We would love to be here for you on this forum - please feel free to post about the emotions you are feeling - all are valid and important.

I want to say again that I'm so sorry for what has happened to you. One thing that my doctor said to me when I had a miscarriage which helped was that it does mean that I am able to get pregnant and most women who experience miscarriages go on to have healthy babies. I can testify to this as I became pregnant with my son 2 months after the miscarriage. Also, miscarriages are very common (I believe they happen in around 1 in 5 pregnancies) but I know this doesn't make the loss you have experienced any less.

You have my thoughts and prayers,

LJ