Hybrid View

Tools for Brain Development

Hi everyone!,

I am 15 weeks pregnant and I would like to know what are the natural ways on helping baby's brain development. I am aware of folic acid that it is the best source of developing baby's brain. I also heard that listening to classical music somehow helps the baby's developing brain inside the womb. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Hello bhebs23~

Nutrition can be a great way to promote healthy brain development. Eating foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids is a great way to do this. This would include foods like; eggs, fish (but make sure you choose ones that do not contain too much mercury), flaxseed, walnuts and more. Also eating a balanced diet rich in grains, fruits and vegetables an protein is great for you and your baby's overall growth and development.

I've also heard that classical music is good for brain development. I played it while pregnant, for my babies after they were born and continue to do so today. I don't know if it's scientifically proven to help but I figure it sure can't hurt

Congrats on your pregnancy and I wish you the best

I also listened to a look of music when I was pregnant with my little boy (my husband plays the piano, guitar and drums) and now my little boy is one he loves to dance to music and play the drums himself!

It's good to eat two portions of fish a week when you are pregnant, one of which should be an oily fish (like mackerel or sardines). This helps both with your health during pregnancy and the development of your baby.

Hi bhebs23,

Another thing to give importance to is iron. Iron is a mineral which is need for hemoglobin, a protein in the red blood cells that carries oxygen. It nourishes our muscles and organs. Without it, you and your baby would be at risk. Iron is very important for your baby's brain development. It aids in myelin development, and with inadequate amounts of iron, there would be inadequate myelination in the brain thereby leading to speech, language and gross motor skills problems.