Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blighted Ovums

Hi Tina,

Thanks for the update! Can you believe you'll be half way through your pregnancy at your next appointment?

So fun to see baby moving, and jumping inside.

Here's a video I thought you'd like:

Keep us updated. I love following along with your pregnancy.

Warm regards,

Kate

That's fantastic to hear Tina!

How exciting to see detail like the baby's hand moving! Wow - you are almost half way through your pregnancy.

I hope you are feeling well in yourself.

Best wishes,

LJ

Hi everyone
    20 weeks is here. Had an anomaly scan today. I'm having a girl. Everything is going great.
    Tina

That is wonderful news Tina!! Thank you for keeping us updated! =)

How exciting Tina! I'm so pleased for you that the 20 week scan went well. Half way through now!

Have you had any plans for the birth yet?

Best wishes,

LJ

Tina,

Thanks for keeping up updated. We are all SO excited for you. A little girl - how FUN!

Do let us know if you're starting to think about the birth. Our resident midwife, Jane, wrote an excellent article about how to create your birth plan. Definitely worth reading!

Warm regards,

Kate

Hello
    Just another update. I had my doctors visit last Tuesday, everything is good. Baby even decided to play tricks on the Doctor. Every time he went to listen to her heartbeat she moved. He said that movement was good but not for him who cant listen, lol.

I started wearing maternity clothes to work from today. So I guess the baby is out of the bag for who didn't know. Those who approached me we ecstatic but still in disbelief because I did not look pregnant to them. Still the same because I am full figured. So in all it was a great day, finally I got to share my news with my friends.

Thank you all for listening to me. I really enjoy your input.

Love
    Tina

That's great news Tina!

I found a 'bump band' my most useful item of maternity clothes during my last pregnancy. It is like a 'boob tube' which stretches around your waist so that you can carry on wearing your normal skirts and tops (with the bump band in between).

Best wishes,

LJ

is it comfortable?

Oh yes I found it very comfortable - it's not too tight and doesn't compress your tummy. Here's some more info on the bump band.

That bump band looks great! And speaking of a "boob tube" around the waist, my midwife put something like this (but tight) around my belly after giving birth to my 4th baby. She said it would help to keep the contractions that come with lactation from being as painful. I had never really noticed painful uterine contractions after birth, but I certainly did with baby #4, and I noticed that if I didn't have that band around my belly, that my contractions were quite painful during breastfeeding. I had to give it back to her after I was done with it, and then when baby #5 came along, she no longer had it :-( I tried finding something similar, but couldn't find something that fit and was comfortable.

In other countries I know that they use fabric to bind the belly after birth.

Kate

That's interesting Kate. With my son, I experienced quite painful after-birth contractions when I was breastfeeding him. I have a back support tube that goes around the middle so I may try this after the birth.

Thanks,

LJ

Hello Ladies
    It has been a while. Sorry about that. Everything is moving along nicely. I am in my 28th week and the Doctor said the baby is about 3lbs so far. It is getting closer and closer to the due date. I am taking it one day at a time. Don't want to get too anxious and overwhelmed. So far so good.

The hunger pangs have returned fully aggressive now and the gas which causes upset stomach. I have lots of support from my friends and we are all enjoying it together.

I am down to visiting my OBGYN ever 2 weeks and before I know it, it will be weekly visits. WOW. Is all that I can say. I am going to have a baby. It's unbelievable.

Daddy and I are so happy.

Oh forgot to mention the movements. Sometimes they are so strong I have to stop and ask the baby if everything is ok in there. You would think that you were at a football match spectating. The bathroom as become my new place of interest again and getting comfortable to sleep has become a thing of the pass. I miss sleeping. Everyone keep telling me to get use to it. I refuse to submit to that.

Well I will try to write sooner this time.

Thanks guys.

Tina

Hi Tina,

Thanks for your update - great to hear how you are getting on.

I can really emphasise with you! I'm 26 weeks and it has been gradually getting harder to find a comfortable sleeping position. Kate shared with link with me about Sleeping Comfortably Whilst Pregnant and I've found it useful.

I think it's great that you refuse to submit to everyone telling you to get used to having no sleep. It does get a bit tiresome when all people can say to a pregnant lady is 'well, you better get used to having no sleep for the next few years now'. Yes, sleeping is more challenging now but I think a flexible, gentle approach goes a long way and I can honestly say that, through co-sleeping, the sleeping hasn't really been a problem. As Pinky McKay says in this great article on co-sleeping:

'When my own babies were small, neither social ideology nor wakeful babies caused me a lack of sleep – my babies slept snuggled up with me at night.'

I'm so pleased for you and your partner. Sometimes it feels like there's a party going on inside me too!

I reckon it's good to take one day at a time and don't listen to any unhelpful 'advice' and it sounds like you have a great group of supportive friends. Have you had any thoughts on your wishes for the birth? I'm taking a Hypnobirthing course with my doula.

Best wishes,

LJ
    Last edited by ljmarsden; 26th July 2012 at 09:45 PM.

Thank you. Very informative.
    Tina