Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blighted Ovums

Blighted Ovums

I had a miss miscarriage last year because of a blighted ovum, now I am pregnant again. Is it possible to have two, one after the other.

Administrator
    Hi TinaNicola - It is possible to have two blighted ovums in a row - but it is very, very unlikely.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Hi TinaNicola,

I was worried about the same thing happening to me when I became pregnant as I did suffer a miscarriage due to a blighted ovum as well. My doctor said the same thing to me that Aussiemidwife said. Thankfully, I never suffered another one and I hope you don't either.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Have you had an ultrasound yet or will you be having one soon?

I wish you a very healthy pregnancy!!!

Take Care,
    Christie

Dear TinaNicola,

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I understand what it is like when you have had a blighted ovum or miscarriage before and you worry about it happening again. But like the others have said above it is very unlikely for you to experience a blighted ovum twice. This pregnancy resource states:

"A blighted ovum is often a one time occurrence, and rarely will a woman experience more than one."

I am so sorry to hear you experienced a blighted ovum but I hope you can stay positive and relaxed during your pregnancy.

Best wishes,

LJ

Hi aussiemidwife, DoubleSunshine and ljmarsden

Thank your for your support .

Yes I have had an ultra sound and the Doctor says it looks like a pretty normal. I have uploaded an image of my ultra sound at 7 weeks 5 days. pregnancy20120312254.jpg I hope that it shows.

sincerely
    Tina

Dear Tina,

That's great that you had a successful ultrasound result - congratulations.

LJ

YAY!!! What a wonderful ultrasound photo Congratulations on your precious baby and I wish you a very happy and healthy pregnancy.

~ Christie

Quote Originally Posted by ljmarsden View Post
    Dear Tina,

That's great that you had a successful ultrasound result - congratulations.

LJ
    Thank you again for your support.
    Tina

Hi Tina,

How are you feeling this week? Thanks for posting that picture of your little bub. You're doing great!

Warm regards,

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by 5Homebirths4Kate View Post
    Hi Tina,

How are you feeling this week? Thanks for posting that picture of your little bub. You're doing great!

Warm regards,

Kate
    Hi Kate
    Sorry it took me so long to reply. Busy resting after work. Well had a Doctor's visit yesterday and everything is going great. 11 weeks 6 days. One day at a time but honestly I can't wait for my due date to get here. I am so anxious to see my bouncing healthy baby.

After being diagnosed with PCOS and trying for so long I thought that it would never happened. Then it did (but the blighted ovum). I tried to look at the positive of it; that it could actually happen and then it happened again.

By the way haven't vomited once, a little nausea sometimes only when I get hungry and gas/acid reflux but I think I have that under control.

Thank you for asking.
    Tina.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Homebirths4Kate View Post
    Hi Tina,

Warm regards,

Kate
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hi Kate
    Sorry it took me so long to reply. Busy resting after work. Well had a Doctor's visit yesterday and everything is going great. 11 weeks 6 days. One day at a time but honestly I can't wait for my due date to get here. I am so anxious to see my bouncing healthy baby.

After being diagnosed with PCOS and trying for so long I thought that it would never happened. Then it did (but the blighted ovum). I tried to look at the positive of it; that it could actually happen and then it happened again.

By the way haven't vomited once, a little nausea sometimes only when I get hungry and gas/acid reflux but I think I have that under control.

Thank you for asking.
    Tina.

Thanks for the update! Seems everything is well underway Post back when you have another update. Have you heard your baby's heartbeat yet?

Kate

Hi Everyone

How are you doing? Yes Kate I have heard my babies heartbeat. The first was at 7 weeks and I heard it again last week. The first trimester is almost over. This week to be exact. Need to get some maternity clothes now.

Thanks again for asking. Will keep you update.

Tina

Tina,

You're doing great! Would love for you to check in after your next appointment to keep us updated :-) And of course check in anytime you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Kate

Hi Everyone
    Just writing to let you know every thing is progressing great. Had a Doctor's visit today and saw my baby fluttering around even saw its hand moving . I am now 17 weeks along.
    Tina