Unhappy coping with the 'down' days

Hi, I'm new to this site. I googled 'pregnancy support' in the search for someone to talk to to get me through the down days. I'm 38 weeks pregnant today and through my pregnancy have experienced ups and downs in my feelings about it all. Today is one of the down days, where nothing has happened that wasn't there yesterday but for some reason yesterday i felt fine, confident to give birth and become a mother, happy in my relationship with my partner and generally quite excited. Today nothing has changed other than the thoughts in my head which have leaned towards torturing myself by thinking about the immobility of my body right now, my inability to make love with my partner due to the thrush that has cursed my third trimester and how it makes me feel distant from him especially because this thrush started just days after he slept with another woman which he has since appologised for profusely, and it feels, become frustrated with me for not being able to get over it.
    All these things i need to tell someone but whenever the opportunity arises the words get stuck in my throat and i end up crying and not being able to tell what's wrong or get it off my chest. So i thought i would tell a computer screen and see if there's anyone else out there that maybe wants to reply or tell their computer screen some problems to which we may be able to relate and support each other in this strange technological world.

Administrator
    Dear Kath - my heart goes out to you. Do you have anyone you can talk with who you feel comfortable with? Have you told your midwife or doctor how you feel. You don't need to do this alone. There is lots of support out there. I don't know where you live - but the following organisations may be able to help:

There is a wonderful fact sheet on antenatal depression here www.panda.org.au/images/stories/PDFs/Antenatal_Depression.pdf

The computer cannot answer you back - but real people at these organisations can. Don't do this alone.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Not the only one

Hi Kath

It's been a long time since you posted so i'm not sure if you will get this but i need to let stuff out to so what the hey.

I pregnant with my second child (third pregnancy i lost the last one). With my first my now ex alo cheated on me so I know how bad that makes you feel.

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant and i just can't seem to get into that happy place with it. A lot of it has to do with my miscarrage last time. I am consently worried and stressed because I told my boss because i need time off to go the doctors and get scan's ect. He told me how I've ruined my life (again) and how he has tried to help me build something for myself and i destoyed it by getting pregnant again my son is almost 9 and the misscarrage was 2 years ago. I'm not getting pregnant every other month and none of them have been planned. So now he has said his going to sell the business (in about 5 months he wants it done and settled) so before i'm due and not transfer my employment because i'm making his life hard.

I'm tired, stressed, worried and i'm going to lose my job and all my entilements and all people do is look at like i'm crazy cause i'm not exictied about having a baby. I feel dreadful as it i can't deal with that as well.

Administrator

Pregnancy and work

Dear Pregnancy-Blues - I am so sorry you are having a tough time at the moment. Are you able to book with a continuity of midwifery program for your pregnancy care? Midwives are great at not only providing medical care for pregnancy - but also emotional support as well. They may be able to help you through this tough time.

Regarding your boss - his responses to your pregnancy sound very inappropriate to me. There are laws around pregnancy and work. He is required to provide you with time off to attend your appointments. He also cannot terminate your employment in relation to your pregnancy. There are a number of organisations that can provide you with information and support in regards working during pregnancy and the law. Check out:

Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content