Hi all~

Okay here's my issue. My boys will be 5 years old in May and recently they have been cracking each other up with inappropriate words and phrases. Each one thinks that other is absolutely hysterical which just encourages them to do it more.

They are not saying any "bad" words or anything -- my husband and I don't use that kind of language in our home. However, they like to say things like poop, toot, pee, butt and those types of words when they are talking to each other. Let me give you an example, one might say to the other "You wear poopy nappies." then they erupt into laughter. It's not the words they are saying, it's HOW they are using them that gets me. I know it probably seems harmless and it's just boys being boys but yesterday they just wouldn't stop talking like that and it was just grating on me! I do not want them speaking to their friends at school this way (though I'm sure this is where they learned some of it).

I'm afraid if I just ignore it, they will keep going with it and say things at very inappropriate times. However, I also don't like to constantly be on them about it. What should I do? Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Overall, they are VERY good boys. They are polite, respectful and kind but this is driving me crazy

Thanks!
Christie