Hybrid View

how often they should?

Hi!

I wonder how often should a 1 year old and a 2 years old boys should poop in a day?

I notice that they poop for about 3-4 times a day. Some of it are solid and some are soft. Is it because of the food they eat?

Hello proudmumof2boys and welcome to the forums!

Having 2 to 3 good bowel movements each day is a good goal for anyone. When you start to get more than this, the food may be moving through the intestinal track too quickly, not allowing for the body to absorb the nutrients it needs, which can sometimes cause nutritional deficiency.

If there's any diarrhea then you need to find out the cause for that. Ideally you want the bowel movement to be soft but formed (not so hard that they have to strain, and not so soft that it's not formed).

I hope this helps. Do you have any concerns about their diet? If so, feel free to share what they're eating and maybe I can give some suggestions on how to make their diets more balanced so that they're having a bowel movement closer to 2-3 times a day rather than 3-4 times a day. This would be especially true in the case of the two year old. A 1 year old may go more often, depending on how much you are breastfeeding him.

Warm regards,

Kate

Thanks Kate for the response. Now, I know how often should they go.