How to know my miscarriage is finished.

My first pregnancy was going great, I couldn't get enough food into me throughout the day. I felt great and was so happy to be pregnant. I had no idea how far along I was so as I went in for my dating ultrasound I noticed that on that day I had started to bleed. During the ultrasound they told me that the baby was not viable. He did not develop past 6 weeks. So over the past couple of days I had lost a lot of blood and clots so had assumed that I had finished my miscarriage. The bleeding had also stopped. So things should be done right? 2 months later I started not feeling well again so I took another test and it was positive again. So a couple days before I go in for another ultrasound I started having massive bleeding and rush off to the hospital and there they gave me another ultrasound and IT WAS THE SAME PREGNANCY. So I have now been pregnant for over 4 months and carrying a baby that is not viable. My body had started to go septic and I had to go for emergency surgery.

So my question is, is there an easier way to find out that if you have a miscarriage to know that it is actually finished. Even my doctor had assumed it was over since I had massive clots come out. What are the signs that it is actually finished?

I'm definitely not an expert in this area, but from all the ladies I've talked with who have had early miscarriages, they just stopped bleeding on their own, with no problems.

The only way I can think that would give a more definitive answer would be to test your hCG levels after the miscarriage to be sure they are going down properly. You could also do an ultrasound to make sure the miscarriage is complete. I'm guessing that if the doctor suspects that the miscarriage needs "help", they will recommend a D&C, but that's usually not needed in a very early miscarriage. Your baby wouldn't have been any bigger than about the size of an apple seed at 6 weeks from LMP (4 weeks gestation). Odd that your body would carry a baby that died at 4weeks gestation for 4 months without problems.

Kate

I ended up having to go in for an emergency D&C because of this. All signs showed that it should have been over and when I had a check up with my doctor she was confident that it was finished. I just didn't know how common something like this would be. And if it happened to me it might happen to someone else, although I would never wish that on anyone.

Hello doctor!I done pregnancy more than three times but every time i loss my child.How can i finish my miscarriage?Please doctor tell me the easier way solve this problem.How can i save my pregnancy?Tell me the solution of this problem.Thanks

How can i finish my miscarriage?

Hello doctor!I done pregnancy more than three times but every time i loss my child.How can i finish my miscarriage?Please doctor tell me the easier way solve this problem.How can i save my pregnancy?Tell me the solution of this problem.Thanks

We started miscarrying on the same day... not a good club to be part of, but I know what you are going through. Mine started with brown spotting, moved to red bleeding, then clotting and cramps.

I assumed it was when the bleeding stopped? If it doesnt stop within a week, i would be going to the doctor as you may need a D&C