2 y/o in a fun run

Hello there!

We are planning to join a fun run with my 2-year-old son. Is it alright to have my son join the run, 100 meter dash or 1K? Well, I saw my son loves to run so I thought it would be okey for 1k. Friendly advice please. I know my son would love it but not so sure where to join him. I don't want him so exhausted and yet unhappy for the 100 meter, you know?! Kids love to run. Well, undecided at this. Advice.....

Hey,

I think that's great that your son enjoys running. Maybe it will be a hobby that continues as he grows up? It's certainly a great way for children to exercise!

In my experience, fun runs are great for children because they don't necessarily have to 'run' the whole way - lots of children walk for part of it if they get tired. It's also a great activity to enjoy together as a family.

Let us know what you decide.

Hi ljmarsden,

My husband and I noticed that my elder son loves to run and jump and play outside. We don't have athletes in the family but I, myself, likes to have some walk and jogging. We really like to have him join fun run, to enjoy being outside and meeting some other kids and just enjoy ourselves. Maybe we will try the 100 meter dash first and we'll see the result of it and maybe next time we join we'll get the 1k. What do you think?

Thank you.

Hi,

That's great that your whole family have an activity you can enjoy together! I hope it continues for many years to come.

Yes you could see how he feels after the 100 metre dash or he could always walk the 1k fun run - I've seen people going quite slowly on them! I think it's the taking part that counts.

Have fun.

I have also seen mums going quite slowly to allow little ones to participate in fun runs. Also, sometimes they push jogging strollers. I am about to participate in my first fun run in the next few months and I plan to include my little ones, as well =)

Hope you all enjoy it mom2many. Would love to hear how it goes/ see some pics.