Hello everyone. It has been a few months since I stopped breastfeeding, but I've often wondered if anyone else had the same issue or if it was a common thing that happens.

I breastfed my daughter form birth until about 3 months. She took to it right away without any difficulty, and for about the first 2 1/2 months, I was so full, and my let down was so heavy that I could only feed my daughter for a few minutes at a time and had to ensure that she was in an almost sitting position otherwise she would begin to choke from the heavy flow. Then, all of a sudden around 3 months, there was next to no milk for her and she would litterally scream for hours because she was starving. She would work herself up so much that I wouldn't be able to get her to latch on to my breast, or even take a bottle. she was fine in the mornings, due to milk buildup over night, but come late afternoon the screaming fits would begin. After a few weeks of this, I agve up and put her on formula. she's been fine ever since. I'm disapointed that I only had the chance to breastfeed for 3 months, but happy that I was able to for a little while anyway. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or if it's a common thing with breastfeeding mums.

Thanks.