How many hours should nappies be changed? I want to avoid UTI for my child

before one year old, i change my child's nappies every three hours. But now its becoming a bit too costly for us. so is it really true that nappies can cause UTI for babies? my child is a girl and I know they are more vulnerable of the infection. Cloth nappies are not an option for us.

Hello,

It's not so much after a set amount of hours they should be changed it is when they are fully saturated and so leave a damp feeling inside. Obviously, a pooey nappy should always be changed straight away. Every 3 hours would, on average, be more frequent then necessary for the average 18 month old.

How about your daughter spending time nappy-free each day? Or could you swap to a cheaper brand?

Warm wishes,
    LJ

Thank you! I am so glad that I asked. My mother-in-lAw told me that there would be problems in the chemicals of the nappies if it gets soaked even for a bit and used beyond 3hours.

Looks like we'll be saving some more money soon. Also, i will consider the no nappies for a few hours. Great suggestion, Lj.

Truly,

Alex
    Last edited by proudmum; 8th April 2016 at 09:03 AM.

You are welcome - I'm glad this helped.

LJ

I use it depending not on hours but on the condition of the pampers.

Yes agree! I feel the quality of nappies is important. Must have excellent absorbency! I use mamypoko for my first baby. Which brand do you use?

My friend recommend Drypers because it is cheaper but i still prefer MamyPoko.