student midwife looking for pregnant women in Melbourne

Hi!

My name is Danielle and I知 a 2nd year student midwife at ACU. As part of our course they ask that we follow women through their pregnancy. We are there to provide you with one-on-one support and can be as involved as you are comfortable with. It also gives us the opportunity to learn by joining you one this experience. All information is kept confidential and you can pull out at any time.

I live around the Box Hill, Victoria area but I知 willing to travel.

I really love studying midwifery and I知 very passionate about this, I知 also a lot of fun and I知 really excited to be taking part in this journey.

If interested or would like more information and you are less than 25 weeks pregnant please reply to this post

Thankyou!

Administrator
    Hi Danielle - Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on choosing a great profession. I hope you are sucessful in getting women to follow through their pregnancies - it is a great way to experience midwifery.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Smile Looking for a support during pregnancy and labour?

Hi!
    My name is Amy and I am studying to be a midwife at ACU and loving every minute of it! The Follow Through Journey program is a large component of the course enabling us students to gain firsthand experience while studying!

I am looking for pregnant women who are less than 35 weeks and would like to receive women-centred support during their pregnancy until 6 weeks postnatal. I receive Mentor support from a fully qualified Midwife whom you will meet during the first couple of meetings. My role is not to provide direct care, but rather to provide you (and your partner/ family) with support during your pregnancy, birth and early parenting. I reside in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne but am happy to travel. I enjoy meeting people from all cultures and spiritual traditions and would really appreciate the opportunity to share your pregnancy/ birthing experience.

If you are interested in catching up for a chat first to find out a little more about the program and me! Please call me on 0424 905 960 or email me at akmack004@myacu.edu.au. I would love to hear from you

Administrator

Follow through by Student Midwives

Student Midwives as part of their course are required to provide follow through care for women through the pregnancy, birth and postnatal period. This is a great opportunty for women to experience continuity of care and for the student midwives to gain much needed experience. I welcome student midwives to post their details here and for women to comment on how they found the follow through experience with a student midwife.
    Hidden Content

Hello!

My name's Sheree. I'm studying midwifery at Australian Catholic University in Melbourne, and am seeking women who are interested in having the support of a student midwife throughout pregnancy, birth and after the birth of your baby. The program is called the Follow Through Journey, and aims to help student midwives and pregnant women connect and develop supportive and trusting relationships throughout childbearing.

As part of the program, I'm mentored by a wonderful independent midwife. My participation would be tailored to your individual needs, and is very flexible. I can come along to your antenatal and postnatal appointments and classes, be there for the birth, or any other support or information you need along the way -- looking up research articles, helping write a birth plan, advocacy, or just to be there if you feel like having a chat. I'm passionate about physiological birth and breastfeeding, and am full of awe at the amazing strength and grace women possess in birthing their babies.

If you are less than 35 weeks pregnant, I would love to hear from you. Whether you are choosing to give birth at home, in a hospital, or a birth centre, I would be honoured to learn from you and be a part of your journey.

Please feel free to contact me via the forums, or email or phone me (details below). I live in Moonee Ponds, but am happy to travel.

Sheree

Administrator
    Hi Sheree. Love your post and card. I hope you are sucessful in working with many follow through women.
    Hidden Content

Smile Midwifery Student offering extra support

Hello and thanks for reading!

My name is Jessica and I'm a first year midwifery student at ACU in Melbourne. As part of our program we are able to find women in the community to participate in the Follow Through Journey. This is a program that enables student midwives to connect with pregnant women and learn from them as well as offer support to them.

ACU is a leader in Midwifery education and the Follow Through Journey has had a very positive response since it was introduced. As a student midwife I am not your primary caregiver, but I am available to offer you support and friendship. This can be in many different ways, and the level of my involvement is really up to you! Ideally I would be able to attend at least 2 ante-natal and 2 postnatal appointments with you, but the Follow Through Journey can include almost anything related to your pregnancy.

The Follow through Program allows students such as myself, to gain the first-hand experience needed to become a passionate and skilled midwife, as well as a foundation for supporting and empowering women.

I live in the south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne, but am willing to travel to meet with women. So, if you are less than 35 weeks pregnant and would be interested in more information, please feel free to send me a message or email me at jessica_astle@hotmail.com - I would love to hear from you!

All the best,
    Jessica
    Attached Images

Hey, iam a dual degree nursing and midwifery student from the University of Queensland. Apart of my practical component is having the pleasure of following through the experince of 10 expecting mothers. Thus i am currently looking for mothers wanting some extra support and willing to share this amazing experince with me, in the brisbane region. I would love to attend some anntenatal vist, the birth and some postnatal vists. if your willing or just interested in further information email me at catherine_tehan@hotmail.com
    Last edited by CatherineMay; 2nd August 2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: spellling

.... delete
    Last edited by elisemidstudent; 27th November 2013 at 01:44 PM.

.... delete

.... delete

Talking

Hi, my name is Zahra and I'm currently studying Midwifery at Australian Catholic University, one of my assignments is to recruit pregnant women. It will consist of talking about your pregnancy with you, sharing any concern and hopes you have for your pregnancy. It will help me to gain skills when I hopefully go out in the hospital to practice! Please email me on zahraa._@hotmail.com OR 0450009514 if you are interested.

This is a program where you can withdraw anytime. Thanks so much

.... delete
    Last edited by elisemidstudent; 27th November 2013 at 01:45 PM.

Question Student Midwife in the Brisbane area

To expecting mum's

I'm grateful to have the opportunity to inform you of the University of Queensland follow through process. As a component to my dual nursing and midwifery degree I have the task and pleasure to follow 10 expecting mums through there pregnancy. My aim is to be present to at least 5 of your prenatal appointments, the labour and a brief post natal visit whilst providing encouragement and support along the way. Of course I will not in anyway replace a member of your health care team. My current experience includes a year and a half of nursing and a semester of midwifery. I'm currently entering my third year in which will comprise completely of midwifery. Please feel free to contact me if you are interseted and/or have any further questions

Kind Regards

Catherine Tehan

Catherine_tehan@hotmail.com

To all beautiful mums-to-be (in Melbourne),

I am a Midwifery/ Nursing student currently studying at Monash University and am looking for women in their early stages of pregnancy (up to 20 weeks) to join them on their journey through pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period. Throughout my course I am required to follow 20 women which includes attending antenatal and postnatal appointments with you (including birthing classes, lactation seminars etc), and should you be comfortable enough, the special day of the birth. The main purpose of the "Continuity of Care" program is for us to build professional friendships with women, provide support, and allow us to experience and share the childbearing journey.

I am a well-travelled and confident individual that has found my passion for midwifery through an unforgettable experience. In 2013 I deferred my course at the time (Nursing and Paramedics) to travel. I went to India for 2 weeks, 3 months through Europe and also volunteered for 5 weeks in Sri Lanka. It was in Sri Lanka that I discovered my passion for Midwifery after working on the Paediatric and Labour Wards and experiencing my first ever natural birth. The sheer happiness and joy on the mothers face upon her babies arrival was the definitive moment that I knew I wanted to become a Midwife. With this, I returned home with a desire to become a Midwife and an ultimate future goal to assist in the reduction of preventable maternal and foetal mortalities in developing countries. That is part of my story, and I cannot wait to hear yours.

If you are looking for additional support during your pregnancy, birth and days of early parenting and are willing to share your experiences of pregnancy with me, I can assure that you will be given the utmost respect, support and confidentiality. If you are interested or would like more information please do not hesitate to contact me on 0425 886 504. Ideally I am looking for women within the South East/ Bayside suburbs, however I am flexible.

Macy