My daughter is scared of being alone.

My daughter seems to be scared of being alone all the time. She always want to be around me.

It is very common for little ones to want to be with their mothers. How old is your daughter and when you say she is scared to be alone, can you share more details about this? When is she scared to be alone?

Warm Regards,

Kate

Good Morning,

She's 4 year old. I think what i notice is when it is new to her maybe a place or people, kids, shes kind of scared. when she try new things, using bicycle, bugs, butterfly, it doesn't matter if it's cute or monster looking she acts same way, she is scared. And may concern the most is sometimes even she already meet some of the kids, like the church kids, there is a time she act that she don't know them and get scared for some reason.

She is also in daycare, and she's been there since she was young, and from time to time she will act that it is a new place new people or something and she got scared. when she's in that mode i don't know what to do.

Anyways, thank you for the time and your help Kate.

Jane

Hi Jane,

One of the first things that comes to mind is that she has a God given sensitivity and probably tends to be one who things of others and cares for others... a peacemaker. This temperament has a hard time with new things. New teachers, new classmates, new places, new, new, new. It's okay and if you recognize that this is part of her temperament and offer your support and patience while she becomes accustomed to new things, she will eventually warm up.

At 4 years old, I wouldn't be sending her into a public restroom/stall by herself anyway and I would definitely be taking her to the bathroom at someone else's house. Maybe that's just my temperament, as I was never one to make new friends easily or do things on my own without some coaxing. I was very timid and would cry if someone looked at me cross-eyed (so to speak).

Here's a post I made which explains the 4 different personality types.

Post back and let me know if this was helpful or if you think it's more than just her personality.

Warm regards,

Kate

Very helpful link, i think my daughter is beaver / golden retriever. I love your post, i found out i am a lion/beaver and my husband is otter. Thank you for sharing.