Are all vaccine needed to a child?

Seems like if i get my daughter a flu vaccine she's more unto having flu compare to the year's that she didn't get any vaccine.

Hi Chilou,

All vaccines are not necessary. In fact many vaccines can actually compromise the child's immune system making them more suspetible to developing health challenges like Autism, and other diseases.

The flu is typically a mild illness for most children and I boost my children's immune system during the flu season rather than vaccinating them. By doing this they either avoid the flu altogether (it's been many years since any one of us had it) or their bodies are strong enough that they can fight it well and get over it quickly.

Some things you can do during the flu season is to reduce or eliminate sugar in the diet altogether, substituting raw honey instead (not for children under one year of age). Raw honey contains many anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. You can also give children Elderberry Syrup or Lozenges.

There are some other really good threads in this Vaccine Forum so I'd encourage you to take a look at some of the threads that interest you. You'll find mums who vaccinate with every vaccine the doctor recommends, mums who selectively vaccinate, giving only the vaccines they feel their children need, and mums who choose not to vaccinate their children at all.

Lots of good information so have a look around, and if there are any other mums out there with helpful information for keeping the immune system strong during the flu season, please share your tips!

Warm Regards,

Kate
    Last edited by 5Homebirths4Kate; 19th April 2012 at 01:15 PM.

Hi there! I will suggest to give fresh fruits everyday especially with high content of Vitamin C.

Thanks! She does love fruits

Thank you for the information Kate.

Not all vaccines are completely necessary and as Kate pointed out, no vaccine is without risk. When it comes to something as minor as a flu shot, particularly if you think your child is having some sort of reaction to it or still acquiring the flu, it is generally OK to skip it.

Many people believe that natural immunity is superior to the artificial immunity that is provided by vaccines. Doing things like supplying the child with fresh fruits and vegetables, keeping them well hydrated and breastfeeding during infancy and early childhood can do far more for the immune system than many vaccines.

I encourage you to find out as much as you can about this topic before making a decision, since there is no simple answer. Visit the vaccine forum that was suggested by Kate and also consider reading books and articles on the subject, such as The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears.

Thank you mom2many

All good suggestions and a valuable thread to read!

Kate

Thank you all for your time and info!