Thread: What type of breast pad do you prefer?

What type of breast pad do you prefer?

Having breastfed for around 5 years now, I have been through a fair few breast pads. With my first son I just used any breast pads from the local shop, however, I'm soon to have my fourth baby and I now have definite breast pad preferences!

I prefer washable breast pads over disposable breast pads. I find they are more comfortable and absorbent. However, my very favourite type of breast pad has to be lilypadz. These work differently to conventional breast pads because they work by applying a little pressure to the nipple to stop the flow of breastmilk when you are not feeding.

What type of breast pad do you prefer and why?
    Last edited by ljmarsden; 29th September 2016 at 12:25 AM.

I made breast pads out of some old flannel sheeting, some with one suedecloth layer for stay-dry qualities, others with bamboo jersey, both materials I had bought with the intention of making cloth nappies but that didn't happen

That's so cool crunchy_mama thanks - I've never thought of making my own

You can also buy gel-filled breast pads, which you can warm or cool to relieve nipple soreness and engorgement (overfull breasts). I often use this.

both materials I had bought with the intention of making cloth nappies but that didn't happen