Question Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy

Hi,

My sister is on her fifth month of pregnancy and she has been experiencing pelvic pain that started on the second trimester. Though she doesn't have any infections, what are the possible causes of this pain?

When I was pregnant, I can remember that I also had the same problem but for me, I felt it on my back. It was so painful and uncomfortable that I ask my husband to pull my legs so as to relieve the pain. I even take in pain meds because of this.

My guess is that the pelvic pain could be caused by the ligaments in her pelvic region that are starting to stretch due to bub's more rapid growth.

I would encourage her to find a Chiropractor who can do some light adjustments to keep her pelvis in alignment. Alternatively, CranioSacral therapy and Rost Therapy can be very effective in helping the ligaments to stretch. Here's a video that explains a little more about how prevalent pelvic pain is during pregnancy and how it can be eliminated.

Administrator
    Your sister could have what is known as pelvic instability. An unfortunately common and underdiagnosed condition. There is lots of information online to find out more. You can find out more by visiting http://pelvicgirdlepain.com
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Sorry to hear your sister is experiencing this pain. A friend of mine is a physiotherapist and she helps to treat pelvic pain in pregnancy so she ask her doctor for a referral to a physiotherapist? Just a thought.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll make sure to refer to my sister the link given by Jane.

I learned something new today! Pelvic Instablity. I love learning new things!

Kate