Hybrid View

Baby in transverse position!

Hello!

I'm on my 26th week. I had my ultrasound 2 weeks ago and I found out I'm having a baby girl. Everything was fine actually except that at this point the baby's position is a transverse lie (lying sideways) and I'm sort of worried she might not shift to the 'head first' presentation. A friend of mine had a C-section because of the same reason. I'd like to know when do babies in the womb usually flip to the correct position? I really do want to have a normal delivery so please take my worries away. Thank you.
    Last edited by Medeia07; 21st April 2012 at 02:46 AM.

Hello Medeia!

I am not a midwife, but I have had four lovely births and three of my children were transverse until after thirty weeks. It's pretty common for babies to be transverse at this point in pregnancy and I would not worry about it , chances are your baby girl will get into the correct position when it gets closer to time for you to birth. The odds of the baby remaining breech are only around 3%.

In the meantime there are many exercises you can do to help encourage the baby to get into a better position. Try checking out Spinning Babies , you may also want to consider Moxibustion or visiting a chiropractor who has studied the Webster technique.

Congratulations on your baby girl and best of luck to you!

Hi. Thanks for that. Now I'm relieved. I will definitely try out those exercises you mentioned.

Hi Medeia07,

Please post back and let us know what you thought about the Spinning Babies site. Have you been doing any of the positions/exercises they suggest? I'm curious and would like to follow your progress through the end of your pregnancy.

Warm Regards,

Kate