Is it safe to use tretinoin during pregnancy?

Hello!

I would like to know if it is safe to use beauty products with tretinoin during pregnancy? Will it harm my baby?
    Your insights would really help. Thank you.

Tretinoin is a medication that is commonly used to control acne, and, as such, is in some beauty products. Because it is a medication, I would try to find another way to control the acne or other products to use that don't have medications in them. If you're using the product that has tretinoin in order to control acne, let me know, and I'll give you some other suggestions on how you can naturally reduce your acne without using medication.

I try to avoid all medicine during the 4 months of preconception care, during pregnancy and after giving birth, when I'm breastfeeding my baby. The reason for this is because we know that what we put in our bodies or on our skin affects every cell, including the egg cell which will eventually be fertilized (your baby). The 4 months prior to conception is critical in increasing your odds of creating a truly healthy baby.

Please let me know why you are using products with tretinoin and I'll see if I can give you some good, natural alternatives. There are definitely many out there and I'm happy to share.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Thank you Kate. I've been using tretinoin even before I was pregnant to eliminate my dark spots (freckles) and skin blemishes. It has a peeling effect that makes my skin clearer. I stopped using it the time I knew I was pregnant. I was just wondering if I could continue using it even during my pregnancy hence the question I posted. I would appreciate it if you can give me 'safer' alternatives to use for my skin.

Thank you!

An excellent alternative for clearing up dark spots and skin blemishes on the face during pregnancy is urine therapy. I know it's going to sound gross at first mention, but it's free and it does amazing things for teh skin. Urine is a sterile substance when it leaves the body, and once absorbed into the skin, has no smell. The more you drink water throughout the day the less smell it will have.

I did a test once and I put urine on the top of my left hand, every time I used the lu, for a month. At the end of a month, my brown spots/liver spots had completely cleared on my left hand, and I still had them on my right.

My nutritionist uses urine on her face every day. Often times she is asked what she uses on her face because her face is so soft and clear. Sometimes she tells them her secret and sometimes she doesn't.

Urea is used in many skin lotions because it is so good for the skin. The next time your at the store, look at the ingredients in 3 or 4 lotion products.

I've been using urine on my face every day for the past 2 weeks because I'm trying to clear up Rosacea. It's really easy to do, and it's free. My family never notices and my children still snuggle me.

I know it's not what you expected as an alternative, but it is free and it's so healthy for the skin.

Warm regards,

Kate