Hybrid View

Getting off baby food

How can i get my 13 month old daughter to start eating "human" food and off the store bought baby food, she's been eating solids from 3 months old?

If she's already onto the "chunky" baby food and you know she does well with the "chunkier" texture, then it shouldn't be hard to transition her onto the food you eat.

One thing you can do is to pick up a baby food mill or grinder. This would be a good first step. Just put some of the food you are eating in the grinder and grind it up. You can add a little water or breast milk or formula to it if needed.

Once she's eating only foods you eat (no more baby food) then you can transition her to soft chunks of things like chunks of sweet potato, carrot, etc.

Right now you can start mashing up fresh banana for her. Avocados are also a great fresh food to mash for babies.

if you read through the threads in the "Introducing Solids" forum you'll find some great ideas. I know you're not introducing solids, but you are transitioning off of baby food and this forum is full of good ideas.

Any other mums have ideas for Bridge85?

Kind Regards,

Kate

Thank you Kate. This will help.