Hybrid View

Choosing God Parents

Morning

I was just wondering if I was being outdated in having my daughter christened and choosing god parents for her?

Bridgette

Hi Bridge85,

I don't think this is outdated at all! We had my son dedicated last year and the church we attend offers christenings and dedications.

It was a wonderful day when all our family and friends came together to celebrate our baby! We chose some close friends as god parents who we respect and love and will be there for our son as he grows up.

Best wishes with whatever you decide,

LJ

I agree with Laura-Jane, dedications and choosing God parents for a child can be a wonderful thing. What is your intent in selecting God Parents for your child? Is it to select a couple to care for your child if something were to happen to you and your husband. Is it to bring honor to this other couple? Is it both or something else?

Once you determine what your reason is behind selecting God Parents then you'll know if it's the right thing for you to do or not. Just select carefully because in the truest sense of what God Parents are, they are usually the ones that parents choose to care for their child in their absence.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Warm Regards,

Kate