Is it safe to drink coffee while pregnant?

Hello,

I am 22 weeks pregnant to date. I am very careful because I had miscarriage last year and I would never want to go back that traumatic experience. I am very sensitive when it comes to my eating habits. My question is, is it safe for pregnant women to drink coffee? Thanks!

There are lots of different opinions on how much coffee is safe during pregnancy. Personally, I would stay away from coffee as much as possible because it is a stimulant.

Here's an article on safe eating and drinking before and during pregnancy, and here's another thread you may want to take a look at entitled Caffeine During Pregnancy.

Let me know your thoughts on this, being that there truly are so many viewpoints on it.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Thanks for that very informative links that you shared. I'm personally convinced that I need to stay away with coffee even just after my delivery. Thanks Kate, appreciate it!

Yes - you'll want to stay away from it after your delivery too, especially if breastfeeding so baby doesn't get the caffeine through your milk.

Kate