Nausea in second trimester

It's common for the pregnant women to feel nausea during the first trimester. However, I felt nausea till the 5th month of my pregnancy. It was really difficult for me to commute as the feeling especially used to get stronger while travelling in a car. Why did I feel nausea in my second trimester as well?

Hi mum!

I feel for you! "Morning sickness" is not fun no matter when it comes during pregnancy! I have had 4 pregnancies and with all of them, I felt nauseated through the vast majority of all of my pregnancies! I "wish" it had only affected me during the first 3 months!

Some women have a condition that is called Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) which can cause nausea to persist throughout pregnancy. It manifests on a spectrum, so for some women, it gets so serious that they have to be hospitalized. For others, they are able to manage at home, but cannot necessarily live life "normally." If you felt fine most of the time, but only feel nauseated during car rides, then you might have just been having "motion sickness" that is aggravated by being pregnant.

However, if you were struggling on a more consistent basis, then you may have been experiencing HG. That is what I dealt with. It takes a lot of support from your family to deal with this and I encourage women to reach out for help to those around them so that they do not feel overwhelmed.

Here is a link with some ideas to help someone cope with nausea during pregnancy:
    http://www.pregnancy.com.au/pregnanc...regnancy.shtml

azcountrymum

Hi azcountrymum,

Thank you for your reply. It's comforting to see that I wasn't alone in this dilemma. I just visited the link that you shared. It has some really great tips. I'll keep it handy next time.

Cheers!