Smile Intercourse and Conception after a Miscarriage

How many months is it considered safe to have intercourse after having a miscarriage? Is it true that the chances of getting pregnant are higher after a miscarriage?
    I would like to know your thoughts.
    Thanks a lot.

Hello Jennifer,

Often, the time it takes to conceive after miscarriage is directly proportional to how long the previous pregnancy was before miscarriage. A woman who miscarries at 10 weeks will typically not be able to ovulate again for a few weeks to months, because it takes time for the pregnancy hormone (hCG) to come back down. hCG is produced in larger amounts as early pregnancy progresses in order to keep you from having a period (and losing the baby).

Some practitioners recommend waiting a month or two before trying to conceive again. But I've known women who conceived the very next month after miscarrying and went on to give birth to a healthy baby.

As for whether the chances of getting pregnant are higher after a miscarriage, I've actually never heard of this.

Hope this helps, and feel free to ask any more questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by 5Homebirths4Kate View Post
    Hello Jennifer,

Often, the time it takes to conceive after miscarriage is directly proportional to how long the previous pregnancy was before miscarriage. A woman who miscarries at 10 weeks will typically not be able to ovulate again for a few weeks to months, because it takes time for the pregnancy hormone (hCG) to come back down. hCG is produced in larger amounts as early pregnancy progresses in order to keep you from having a period (and losing the baby).

Some practitioners recommend waiting a month or two before trying to conceive again. But I've known women who conceived the very next month after miscarrying and went on to give birth to a healthy baby.

As for whether the chances of getting pregnant are higher after a miscarriage, I've actually never heard of this.

Hope this helps, and feel free to ask any more questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Kate
    Thank you, Kate
    Will keep that in mind.