Hybrid View

Administrator

Pregnancy and Parenting Network in June - Baby Wearing and Slings

Today we had a fantastic get together of the Pregnancy and Parenting Network. Pregnant women and new mothers alike got to share their expertise of baby wearing. I'd like to thank Melissa Dopper (Mel) for helping factiliate the morning. I'd thought you like to see some of the photos I took.

Pregnancy-and-parenting-network-5.jpg Pregnancy-and-parenting-network.jpg Pregnancy-and-parenting-network-3.jpg Pregnancy-and-parenting-network-4.jpg Pregnancy-and-parenting-network-2.jpg
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Administrator

More photos from the Baby Wearing and Slings discussion

Hidden Content

Administrator
    And some final photos of Mel's wonderful demonstration. If you are interested in find out more about Baby Wearing - Mel is running a workshop called "Slings and Things: Baby Wearing 101 Workshop" on the 13th of July 2011.

Pregnancy-and-parenting-network-11.jpg Pregnancy-and-parenting-network-13.jpg Pregnancy-and-parenting-network-12.jpg
    Hidden Content

Thanks to everyone who came to the Babywearing PPN June meet, it was a lot of fun and great to see so many parents, kids and babies! I am really looking forward to running these Babywearing courses in collaboration with Jane, it will be a wonderful opportunity for any new (or old!) parents who are eager to know more about safe, comfortable ways to wear their babies and toddlers.

Holding babies is natural, universal and necessary, for bonding, feeding, cuddling or simply getting on with the business of life, and the right baby carrier, whether it be a bought one, a homemade one or a surprising repurposed item from your linen cupboard, can make life just that little bit easier! It is a brilliant and practical skill to add to your parenting repertoire, and comes with free hugs each time

If you have any questions about the course or about babywearing in general, please feel free to post them here. If you would like to learn more in the meantime, you may like to join the Baby Carriers Downunder Google Group, or check out Babywearing International for more information on Baby Carriers and Babywearing Safety.

I believe Jane also stocks the wonderful book "Babywearing" by Maria Blois, which contains a wealth of information on the topic as well!
    Last edited by Mel; 1st July 2011 at 03:55 PM.