Thread: VBAC Concerns

Hybrid View

Administrator

VBAC Concerns

Jay sent the following question through and asked for help. Can you help Jay?
    I'm 39+2 today, I was going to try a VBAC but with no induction, sweeps etc I asked if I could have a C Section booked on stand by incase needed. I was given a date 15 days after my due date apparently they had my due date wrong? Now I'm having anxiety attacks as I know going over increases still birth. All I want us my baby here safe. I don't care how she gets here, I'm doubting having a VBAC not because of pain but I'm worried about been left. Some trusts only leave VBAC ladies 7 days overdue is it really safe to go further over?

I don't see a Doctor until I'm 40+3 so got a full week of worry. There's no-one else I can talk to. Thanks.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Administrator
    Dear Jay - Stillbirth rates at 40 weeks are extremely low. Babies are ment to be born around full term (i.e. 37 to 42 weeks). Are you able to contact your midwife or doctor an talk about your anxiety? Can I suggest reading about Vaginal Birth after Caesarean. There are lots of wonderful websites and articles that might help.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content