Red face Preparing Myself for Pregnancy

I am going to be a wife soon and am planning to conceive next year. I hope you can suggest some helpful tips on how I can prepare myself for pregnancy.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by jennifer; 19th May 2012 at 07:58 PM.

Hi Jennifer,

One of the best things you can do now, to prepare your body for pregnancy, is to avoid sugar and refined foods. You'll also want to add in lots of good fresh vegetables and fruit and some high quality protein If you're going to eat grains, opt for whole grains like brown rice instead of white rice, whole grain flour instead of white, refined flour.

And it's important to be sure you have good, high quality fats like coconut oil, flax oil, cod liver oil and other essential fatty acids. Here's a really good page full of preconception articles.

Another thing you'll want to start doing now is to learn your body's natural fertility signs. This is not possible to do if you are using any kind of hormonal birth control, but if you're not on hormonal birth control, you will be able to learn your body's natural fertility signs so that you can avoid pregnancy when you want to, and achieve pregnancy when you want to.

I posted some information on this in another thread which you can find here.

Please post back and let us know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Kate