Hybrid View

pregnancy bleeding

Hi, my name is Suzanne. I started having a slight brownish bleeding yesterday, so I went to the ER. They ve done the tests and told me I am only 5.5 weeks pregnant and thought I was 10. I had a lower back pain a few days ago, I think I am loosing my pregnancy symptoms / or I am just freeking out / . I am going back to my doctor today. I have a healthy and happy 2 year old baby girl. When I was expecting her, at the beggining i was sick, but never had any bleeding. Could someone give me any advice?? Thank you

Slight brownish bleeding can often just be the result of cervical irritation due to sex or other disruption. It does not necessarily mean that anything is wrong. There was a lot of bright red blood with clots, like a heavy period, with both of my miscarriages. One was quite early, the other closer to the beginning of the second trimester.

I hope you get some good news today at the doctor. Please keep us updated. You are in my thoughts. *hugs*

I'm curious to know what your doctor said, and why the ER thought you were originally 10 weeks, but now say you are only 5.5 weeks along.

Hugs,

Kate

Hi Suzanne,

Thinking of you. When I was 7 weeks pregnant I experienced bleeding - I was really scared as I thought I was having a miscarriage but I was delighted when everything turned out ok. You can read my whole story of the experience here. My doctor said that bleeding happens in around 25% of pregnancies and, in most cases, the pregnancy continues without any problems. I was particularly scared as I have sadly experienced a miscarriage before.

At 5.5 weeks, it can be difficult to see on a scan what is happening. However, have you had hCG blood tests? hCG is the pregnancy hormone and it rapidly rises in pregnancy, even at the early stages.

Please let us know if we can help you further.

Best wishes,

LJ