Bleeding during pregnancy

I was able to encounter bleeding during my 7th month of pregnancy. I felt pain and can hardly move when I start to lie down on bed. Isn't it dangerous? What will be the possible cause of this and what will I take or do to stop the bleeding and to stop the pain?

If you are bleeding in the 7 month of pregnancy you should call your midwife straight away or go to the emergency department in the hospital.

Whilst many causes of bleeding during pregnancy turn out to be minor problems, a more serious problem (such as placenta previa) needs to be ruled out.

I don't want to worry you but it is best at act promptly if you experience bleeding and significant pain at this stage in pregnancy.

With best wishes,

LJ

Hi Sara,

Please post back and let us know if you are still bleeding or experiencing pain, and if you talked to your doctor or midwife.

Warm regards,

Kate

hi miss kate,

i was not able to go to the doctor yet but i will go to see her tomorrow for consultation.

Can you tell me how much you are bleeding? Are you soaking a pad and having to change to another pad?

You may want to rest all day today, only getting up to use the bathroom. It's important to protect yourself and your baby until you can see the doctor. It may not be anything to be concerned about, as many women have a little bleeding during their pregnancies without any problem, but we want to take care as much as possible until you're able to see the doctor.

Warm regards,

Kate

its not that worst ms. kate. i observed that if i don't do house chores and just relax, i can only see blood spots on my pad.

The fact that your bleeding slows when you just relax is a very good sign, and your doctor may suggest bed rest for the rest of your pregnancy. I'm not saying that she will, I'm just saying that if it is the best thing for controlling the bleeding, it is a possibility. She may have other suggestions.

I will ask our resident midwife, Jane, to take a look at this post to see if she has any other suggestions. So glad to hear that you will be seeing your doctor tomorrow.

Warm regards,

Kate

Administrator
    Hi Sarejed21 - I apologise for the lateness of my reply. How did you go at your doctor's appointment? If you experience bleeding in late pregnancy call your doctor or hospital to let them know what is going on so they can provide advise. Often they want to see you straight away.
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

hi ms. kate,

I'm sorry i was not able to go back immediately here to report what was the update of my check up... but you are absolutely right about that bed rest...actually I am now starting to go on maternity leave since my doctor really want me to rest until I give birth because of the bleeding that I encountered. I am praying that everything will be alright..thank you so much for the advises ms. kate

Hi ms. aussie,

thank you so much for the concern you have shown... Don't worry I am a strong woman.. I can handle this of course with the help of your prayers and advises.. I'll keep you posted as to how my condition is...

warm regards

Dear Sara,

Thank you for your update. I'm glad you were able to see your doctor and I hope you can now get lots of rest for the remainder of your pregnancy.

Please let us know if we can help support you further.

Best wishes,

LJ