(Very) Early Pregnancy Symptoms?!

Hey ladies, I've heard of pregnancy symptoms being felt as soon as 5days from conception. But I was wondering if there's any report at all of them being felt as early as 24 hours??? Lol sorry I might just be overly hopeful, but seriously my nipples hurt --- less than 24 hours since my partner and I copulated. It never felt like this before and I was just wondering. And do you think beer consumed the night before conception (if I am really conceiving) might have any effect on the baby at all? I've only had a bottle plus a daiquiri, that's all. Again thanks for the replies!

Hi miss.eimee,

Thank you for your post. Early pregnancy symptoms tend to be experienced when the fertilised egg attaches itself to the wall of the womb - which happens around a week after conception. I have not personally heard of the symptoms being experienced at 24 hours although one of the early pregnancy signs is tender nipples.

The effect of alcohol on conception is not fully understood - but many, many women do get pregnant after a drink of alcohol so I would not worry about this now, particularly as you want to avoid feeling stressed at this time. It is a good idea to avoid alcohol from now.

I wish you all the best with conceiving. You can take a home pregnancy urine test from the day your period would be due. Blood tests can show up a positive pregnancy result earlier than this.

Do let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

LJ

Hi miss.eimee,

Sometimes when you really want to conceive, you start to notice things you never really paid attention to before

It is possible to have pregnancy symptoms 24 hours after conception, but it's usually not tender nipples. The one pregnancy sign that I saw with my last 2 pregnancies, just 24 hours after conception was that I never went back to being "dry". When you're in your fertile window, your cervical mucus will go from being dry to being really wet (like egg white consistency) and then after ovulation it will go right back to being dry.

Well with my last 2 pregnancies, I never went back to being totally dry. It wasn't the "egg white" mucus, but it wasn't dry either, and that's how I knew I was pregnant so early.

When nipples hurt during early pregnancy it's due to hormonal changes, and unfortunately it's difficult to distinguish if early pregnancy signs are true pregnancy signs, or if they are being caused by hormonal imbalance.

One thing that may give you a good indication of your chances of being pregnant would be knowing when you ovulated.

In another thread, I posted on how to watch your body's fertility signs. The name of that post was "How To Conceive Even If You Have Irregular Periods". Be sure you understand this well.

Do you have any idea if you were in your fertile window or when you ovulated this cycle? If not, I can ask some further questions to help you know better what your chances of conception will be for this month.

I fully agree with LJ. You should avoid all alcohol if you're having unprotected sex just in case you do get pregnant, but for now, just avoid it for the rest of this cycle and start your preconception care right away to help ensure the healthiest baby and pregnancy possible.

Warm regards,

Kate

You should avoid alcohol when trying to conceive, as the other ladies have mentioned, but I would not fret too much about a daiquiri and a beer. It is already done, it was preconception, and that is very little alcohol.

As for early pregnancy signs, I noticed sore nipples pretty early on, but I am not sure it was that early. Probably about a week after. I also have an increase in gas and I find myself starving. My signs come on early and are very obvious to me, they were even with my very first pregnancy. Women who are very in tune with their body can notice things pretty quickly. Who knows, it could be that you are experiencing super early signs.

Let us know the outcome!

-Angela

Hello again, lovely ladies! The sore nipple feeling lasted for like 2 days and then disappeared. I haven't tested yet, but I haven't experienced any more weird symptoms, except that my discharge has become creamier with the occasional "clump" of mucus (as described in http://www.pregnancy.com.au/forums/s...egular-periods ).

Also, another question that is kinda off topic. Do you think I'll have a difficulty getting pregnant just because my sleep pattern is all over the place? My current work schedule is very demanding, and recently I've not been sleeping well. This week's sleep has been the worst in 2months --- I think on average I've only slept for 3-4hours each day, while normally my body requires at least 7hours. Most days of the week I work night shifts and I only get a day off. My job is not very stressful but it requires VERY long hours. Will this have an effect on trying to conceive?

Hello Miss Eimee,

Good quality sleep is super important in all areas of health and can, indeed, affect fertility. If you simply don't have the time to sleep because your work requires very long hours, then I'd encourage you to find another job. Eventually lack of sleep will catch up with you and if it goes on for an extended period of time, not only will it cause problems with fertility, but you'll also be much more likely to come down with illnesses and eventually disease. Sleep is important and it's not something we can do without.

When we sleep, our body actually repairs itself. Each day we are exposed to toxins in the air, in our food, and in the things that our skin touches (think about all the plastic your hands come in contact with each day). These are things that are very hard or impossible to avoid. So we HAVE to have good quality sleep each day in order for the body to rejuvenate itself.

My nutritionist say this:

"In bed by 9 and you're putting energy into your body - energy needed for rejuvenation."
    "In bed by 10 and you're breaking even."
    "In bed by 11 and you're taking energy out of the body."

If you are not getting a good 7 hours of sleep or more each night, your body is eventually going to MAKE you sleep by getting sick.

Another thing I'd encourage you to consider is that when you do conceive, you will need even MORE rest in order to nourish your growing child inside you. And once that baby arrives, you'll find that your nights will be interrupted with feedings and fussiness, so you'll have to learn how to get rest when baby rests, which is not conducive to only getting 3-4 hours of sleep each day.

Warm regards,

Kate