How Do Know That I am Still Fertile?

Hi,
    For the past year and a half I have been trying to conceive, but have not been successful. I have two daughters who are ten years apart (ages 6 & 16) I do not wish to wait that long for the third child. My question is: If I could get pregnant after 10 years without assistance, is there still hope for me?

The older you get, the longer it will take to conceive. I would begin charting and monitoring for fertility signs, and just continue doing what you're doing. Kate, another poster on this forum is really good with this stuff. She should be able to give you some detailed advice. I will send her a message and ask her to check out this forum post.

Hi Mumof2wanting2more,

Do you know how to watch your body's fertility signs? If not, please post back and I will give you some information on how to do this.

If you already know how to watch for those signs, are you seeing any signs of fertility?

Do you know how to get your "baby making sex" timing perfect? If not, I can help you with this as well. The egg only lives for 12-24 hours, and there are about 3 weeks or more, during each cycle, that you cannot get pregnant, so knowing how to get your timing perfect is really important.

How tall are you, how much do you weigh, how long are your cycles (from the first day you start bleeding, counting all the way up until the day before your next bleed)?

Please post back with any information that you feel would be important for me to know, and I'll help to get you going in the right direction so you can conceive faster.

Warm regards,

Kate