Am I pregnant or is it something else?

My fiance and I have been trying to conceive for a few months now. I feel like I could be pregnant because I'm currently having sore breasts and feeling a bit nauseous as well. For the past few days, I have had some spotting which I'm hoping would be implantation bleeding. Today is 10 days past my ovulation and when we tried, but I'm still getting a negative result on the home pregnancy test. Furthermore, the spotting I've experienced is like a small blot on my underwear. Could I finally be pregnant or could it be something else?

Implantation bleeding is usually very slight - like a pinkish tinge in a little mucus. Anything bright red that is happening for a few days would most likely not be implantation bleeding, but more of a hormonal imbalance.

If your pregnancy test says negative, then that's another indication that you could have a hormonal imbalance, along with the fact that it is taking you so long to conceive.

How long are your cycles each month (from the first day of bleeding up and including the day before you start bleeding again). This is usually somewhere around 26-30 days.

Do you have any acne on your face or back? Do you have any weight gain around the middle/tummy area? Do you have painful cramping during your period? Let me know as much as you can about what your cycles are normally like.

Also, you'll want to watch your body's fertility signs really closely so you'll know when you're ovulating each month. Here's a thread where I discuss just what to look for: How To Conceive If You Have Irregular Periods

Post back with any questions you may have. If you have a good luteal phase (second half of your cycle) then you should be expecting your period to arrive about 14 days after ovulation.

Warm regards,

Kate