Hybrid View

Administrator

Conscientious objection form for vaccination

At the Pregnancy and Parenting and Parenting Network today we discussed the issue of vaccination at length. Some of our conversation centred around the "conscientious objection form for vaccination". To make life easier here is the link to download the Conscientious objection form for vaccination from Medicare's website. The form needs to be signed by a doctor (i.e. GP or paediatrician). Women report that a number of general practitioners are refusing to sign this form. Can you please post here doctors you've found willing to sign the Conscientious objection form for vaccination?
    Conscientious-objection-form-for-vaccination-sml.jpg
    Hidden Content aussiemidwife
    Moderator Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
    Hidden Content

Administrator
    Tip: Ring the doctors receptionist before making an appointment to see if they will sign the conscientious objection form. This will save you time and money if they refuse to sign the form.
    Hidden Content

An Objection-Sympathetic Paediatrician

I am a conscientious objector to vaccination. I canít vouch for the willingness of any GPs to sign a conscientious objection form and I must say, I have encountered mostly negative reactions from the medical profession at large.

However my childrenís paediatrician was more than willing to sign the form and was extremely supportive of my decision. It would be a tad pricey to simply have a form signed, but then if parents are desperate, or intend to see a paediatrician anyway (and live in Sydney), perhaps this is a good option.

Our paediatricianís name is Dr Antony Underwood MB BS (Syd), FRACP, and he is located at Pymble Grove Health Centre in Gordon http://pymblegrove.com/practitioners...tony-underwood
    Last edited by Mumof2IVFmiracles; 14th February 2012 at 10:33 PM.

Administrator
    I have to agree it can be very difficult to find a GP that is willing to sign the conscientious objection form. We are trying to compile a list of supportive health professionals on this page of the forum.
    Hidden Content