Hybrid View

Hormonal imbalance & ability to conceive

I've been diagnosed to have hormonal imbalance and was prescribed with contraceptive pills around 2 years ago. I've stopped the pills after 6 months of taking. However, my cycle is still irregular... Would hormonal imbalance lessen the chance of conceiving?

Hi Hope2bMumRhea,

There are many causes of hormonal imbalance, but the biggest cause of infertility is PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.

Some of the classic signs of PCOS is weight gain (especially around the middle/tummy area), pimples on the face and/or back and hair growth on the face and/or back. You can take an online test to learn what your chances are that you may have PCOS.

If you think you may have PCOS then you can ask your doctor to do some further testing and have an ultrasound done of your ovaries which often can indicate PCOS.

The Pill masks symptoms of hormonal imbalance but it doesn't correct the problem. Therefore, when you go off the Pill you'll still have your hormonal imbalance and irregular cycles. Correcting this problem is possible, but I would recommend that you take the online test and post back your result here. Then I can give you more direction.

Here's a great video from a woman who healed herself of PCOS. I thought you might enjoy it.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kate

Thanks for enlightening me on PCOS... It has opened my eyes for the possibility that I may have this. I am having some of the symptoms. But thanks to the video, it has given me hope. Anyway, I've taken the test and still waiting for the result.

Rhea

Hi Rhea,

You should have received the result immediately. Please post your results or post back when you get your results. If you don't have them by now, you may need to take the test again.

Warm regards,

Kate

Hello Kate,

I think I need to take the test again. Up to now, I still did not receive the result. What I received is the weekly PCOS health tip from Insulite. I'll update you as soon as I'll have the result.

thanks,
    Rhea

By the way, I took the test again. And here's the result:

Result totals:
    You Answered Yes, a total of 9 times.
    -- Your test results indicate a high probability that you have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and we would strongly urge you to seek help for this condition. The Insulite PCOS System could be crucial to your well being and will address the cause of your disorder, not just the symptoms of PCOS.

Hi Hope2bMumRhea,

Thanks for sharing your result. I suspected that you may have a high probability of having PCOS. Now you can go to your health practitioner and ask them to do some further testing.

If you do have PCOS, they may want to prescribe a medication like Metformin or Glucophage. You should definitely exercise 30 minutes every day, and try to also do some weight lifting because that type of exercise uses up more blood sugar and can be very beneficial for people with PCOS.

Please post back anytime you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Kate

Hello Kate,

Actually, I could still remember that I was prescribed with Metformin (with the contraceptive pills) when I went to see my doctor about two years ago. But I stopped taking the medication due to the reason that I would throw up every time I take the med. I think it's time for me to consult my doctor again.

Thanks for your advice.

Rhea

Hi Hope2bMumRhea,

Here's a sample PCOS diet that may interest you.

Warm regards,

Kate

Hello Kate,

Thanks a lot for the PCOS diet sample. It would be a great help... God bless!

Rhea