Thread: late pregnancy

late pregnancy

I am Ann Thomas, aged 42, mum to a twelve year old son.

I would like to know, is it safe to become pregnant at this age, that too after a long gap in delivery? What are the precautions to be taken?

I am little worried and your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ann

Hello Ann,

It is safe to become pregnant at 42 years of age. However, you may find it much harder to conceive now, as compared to when you were 29 or 30.

I would highly recommend that you start your preconception care today so that you are producing the highest quality egg possible, and so that your hormones are well balanced to help support a pregnancy. Miscarriage rates are much higher in your 40's, however I gave birth to my last baby when I was just almost 41, and I have a friend who gave birth to her last baby at the age of 44. We both had homebirths.

Risks of complications at birth can be slightly higher in your 40's, but having a skilled midwife or doctor will help reduce any complications.

As for precautions you can take - I would find a highly skilled midwife who has a very low C-Section rate, as this would give you the highest chance of having the birth experience you want. But definitely start your preconception care now, before you start trying to conceive.

You'll also find lots of good information in the forums to help you conceive faster.

Warm regards,

Kate

Hello Kate,

Thanks for your timely advise. I will start preconception care now itself.

Regards
    Ann

I would highly recommend that you go off of dairy and wheat as these are both produce inflammation, and the dairy can also create mucus in the fallopian tubes. Just better to focus on high quality protein like meat, chicken, fish, fresh fruits and vegetables, bone broths (I like homemade chicken stock), and freshly pressed juices.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Kate

thanks for your advise.

Regards

Ann

Hi Ann,

I'm just checking in to see how you are doing. Are you actively trying to conceive now?

Warm Regards,

Kate

thanks for the response

Quote Originally Posted by 5Homebirths4Kate View Post
    Hi Ann,

I'm just checking in to see how you are doing. Are you actively trying to conceive now?

Warm Regards,

Kate
    Hi,

Yes. I am into my 2nd month of pregnancy.

Thanks!

Hi anntom,

Congratulations on your pregnancy! You were able to conceive quickly, and at the age of 42, that's fabulous?

How are you feeling?

Warm Regards,

Kate